Welcome to the Cornerstone Elementary Ministry!
- Martha Brooks
Elementary Ministry Coordinator
WHAT DOES THIS LOOK LIKE?
Children walking along the PATH:
Children are actively engaged in church life with their families and fellow believers (Deuteronomy 11:18, 19; Acts 16:31).
Children are actively engaging with and memorizing Scripture and learning the full story of redemption (Psalm 119:97).
Children are transformed to the likeness of Christ by the power of the Gospel (2 Corinthians 3:18).
Children honor God with their humble obedience to his Word compelled by their love for him and the Gospel (1 John 2:4-6).
1. Equip children to be disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ
2. Fulfill our vow to assist parents in the nurture of their children.
3. Provide an environment encouraging fellowship amongst the children to develop and grow friendships.
ELEMENTARY SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES
TEACHERS: Joy and Joe Marlo | ASSISTANT: Kristen Lee
Basement behind K-1
TEACHER: Amy Pent | ASSISTANT: Mark Elliott
Basement on far left
TEACHER: Bob Wolk | ASSISTANTS: Anneke Seely
1st room Basement on right
TEACHER: Ronda Laventure | ASSISTANT: Julia Grounds
Comenius Room: Rm 301
TEACHERS: Charlotte Robinson | ASSISTANTS: Mary Lynn Giles & Kathryn Merrell
Schaeffer Room: Rm 302
WHAT ARE WE STUDYING?
- PreK through 3rd grade classes are studying the Life of Christ in the Gospel of Matthew. We will be using Generations of Grace as the curriculum source.
- The 4th/5th grade class is studying the Catechisms with a curriculum that Dave Raymond developed for this class.
- The 6th grade class are going through a topical study with the goal for the students to recognize their community as a class, the bigger community of Cornerstone, and the greater community of the Church. The hope is also they come to love the Word and know how to study it on their own.